Thursday, September 6, 2007

How time flies!

It is such a hot and humid day today, thank goodness the salt water pool is still open. Normally I take Thursday’s off since I work Saturday and Sunday, but do not misunderstand me, a day off does not mean I get to stay in bed.

I did manage to catch the film « Little Miss Sunshine » this morning before coming down for coffee at 9h30 this morning. I felt lazy and in no rush to start the day after being awake for part of the night due to a roaring thunder storm that passed through. I kept thinking that I should go and bring the horses in since they were still in the paddock. By the time I got the nerve to do it the worst had passed so I rolled over and went to sleep.

We are always on the look-out for good employees. We have several that are back in school so I have to find new staff to replace them since I do not want the students working more than 15 hours a week. One young man has really matured since working here. I knew his grandmother and spent many nights at their home when I was in school. I guess it is payback time now. It is my turn to look after him since she has passed away.

The personnel is the hardest part of this business. Running an Inn depends on the best food and service so… the best people you can find. We have tried to create a large family atmosphere and so we sometimes have to deal with helping staff find lodging as well as dealing with personal issues. I could do without this part of the job but their happiness really does affect how they perform at work.

My day off today was settling a few issues of work permits, lodging, money and love lives!
I told you this job was far from boring!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home