Saturday, January 3, 2009

When Innkeepers don't agree!


It happens from time to time. Yup when Husband and wife disagree...so imagine when you are also fellow innkeepers!

Months ago we (he says I...) planned that we would close down for ten days in January to do some painting and renovating. I have given the staff time off for vacations and put a few to work on the renovations. Well just minutes ago (which is 24 hours from closing) he (the husband Innkeeper) decides to stay open!

He believes that our customers must come first and if they want to come to the Inn who are we to say no! Well my argument is, that with the Chef is on two weeks vacation, the Maître D and Sommelier off as well, who the h... is going to do the cooking and serving??? you guessed it, he thinks I should pitch in. He says he will do breakfasts, the second in the kitchen can do supper and in between we can do the painting and wallpapering.

I do not know about you but I think I will start looking for a new husband-innkeeper in 2009!

Let's see who wins this one.

1 Comments:

At January 3, 2009 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Linda Gallant said...

well I guess there is a GOD.

I received a telephone call about an hour after I wrote this blogg from the Mayor of Ste-Marthe. They will be opening a skidoo trail Sunday January 4th, 2009 that will deliver customers to our door! It would not look good if we were closed for our first skidoo customers!!!

I wonder how much Gerry paid the mayor to do this on such short notice??? We have not had any skidoo's here in over 20 years!!!

I am sure it is cheaper than a divorce! I may just have to keep my husband innkeeper after all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home