Saturday, January 3, 2009


Well it is that time again! Yup wedding season is upon us. we have our own wedding show for brides and grooms that have booked their wedding with us, to help them plan their final details. We do about 100 weddings a year so imagine all these brides and grooms and helpful (to be polite) friends that join us on that day.

we also invite all of our wedding suppliers so that the brides and grooms can ask them questions, see their products, listen to their music... It really has been appreciated over the years.

Last year we had one couple arrive with their brides maid (from hell!!!) who knew everything and basically was remembered by all by the end of the day. Not a good thing... I personally only deal with the brides and grooms. It is their day and what they want, I try very hard to deliver. The wedding party? I do not at all bother with.

I find that often the bride and groom are put into situations that honestly I would never put up with so I become their defender. The couple are always trying to please everybody on THEIR special day. Is their something wrong with this? You bet there is! If I were to do it over again, (I will be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary in July) I will only invite the family members I feel like inviting (one sister only ) on the day I feel like celebrating (it will be a Tuesday!) and I will serve what I feel like eating (they can stop at McDonald's if they are not happy).

I guess seeing all the concessions that my couples make to please everyone, has turned me into a maverick that can no longer accommodate especially when I am paying the bill. I no longer care what Emily Post thinks! If I only want to be surrounded by my true friends which may or may not include family and if this is the case, I am sure they will enjoy and appreciate our special day. If not well frankly Scarlet I don't give a damn!!!

So wedding party, brides maid, trouble makers, beware I will be defending and supporting my brides and grooms and their wedding decisions. You may want to stay home on January 31st, 2009 and let the couple come alone with Mom and Dad perhaps (especially if they are paying the bill).

So if you are planning a reception in 2009 or 2010, be sure to join us at Auberge des gallant on Saturday January 31st from 10h00 am to 4h00 pm and please be sure to ask for me.
If you dare!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home